Mr Toan Huu Pham
Toan Pham received a Master of Science (with Hons) in Biological Science from the University of Auckland. He began his doctoral study at the Faculty of Medical and Health Science and the Auckland Bioengineering Institute in 2014.
Toan's research is focused on the cardiac energetics in both healthy state and right-ventricular failure, using several techniques of measuring cardiac efficiency: microcalorimetry on trabeculae, and respirometry on mitochondrial function.
Research | Current
Toan’s doctoral research project is supervised by:
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Pham, T., Han, J.-C., Taberner, A., & Loiselle, D. (2017). Do right-ventricular trabeculae gain energetic advantage from having a greater velocity of shortening?. The Journal of physiology10.1113/jp274837
Other University of Auckland co-authors: June-Chiew Han, Denis Loiselle, Andrew Taberner
- Pham, T., Tran, K., Mellor, K. M., Hickey, A., Power, A., Ward, M.-L., ... Loiselle, D. (2017). Does the intercept of the heat-stress relation provide an accurate estimate of cardiac activation heat?. The Journal of physiology, 595 (14), 4725-4733. 10.1113/jp274174
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kenneth Tran, Kim Mellor, Andrew Taberner, Denis Loiselle, Marie-Louise Ward, June-Chiew Han, Tony Hickey, Amelia Power
- Pham, T., Han, J.-C., Tran, K., Power, A., Ward, M. L., Mellor, K., ... Loiselle, D. (21/9/2016). Blebbistatin reveals length-dependence of the metabolic cost of activating contraction in cardiac muscle. Poster presented at 7th International workshop on cardiac mechano-electric coupling and arrhythmias, Freiburg, Germany. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Marie-Louise Ward, June-Chiew Han, Kenneth Tran, Amelia Power, Kim Mellor, Tony Hickey, Andrew Taberner, Denis Loiselle
- Taberner, A. J., Johnston, C. M., Pham, T., June-Chiew Han, Ruddy, B. P., Loiselle, D. S., & Nielsen, P. M. F. (2015). Measuring the mechanical efficiency of a working cardiac muscle sample at body temperature using a flow-through calorimeter.. Conference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual Conference. 10.1109/embc.2015.7320240
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Bryan Ruddy, Andrew Taberner, June-Chiew Han, Denis Loiselle, Poul Nielsen
- Power, A., Pearson, N., Pham, T., Cheung, C., Phillips, A., & Hickey, A. (2014). Uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation and ATP synthase reversal within the hyperthermic heart. Physiological Reports, 2 (9).10.14814/phy2.12138
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Tony Hickey, Anthony Phillips, Amelia Power
- Pham, T., Loiselle, D., Power, A., & Hickey, A. J. R. (2014). Mitochondrial inefficiencies and anoxic ATP hydrolysis capacities in diabetic rat heart. American journal of physiology. Cell physiology, 307 (6), C499-C507. 10.1152/ajpcell.00006.2014
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Tony Hickey, Denis Loiselle
- JuneChiew Han, D. S. L. (2014). Assessing the Efficiency of the Diabetic Heart at Subcellular, Tissue and Organ Level. Journal of General Practice, 02 (04).10.4172/2329-9126.1000168
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Kim Mellor, Andrew Taberner, Denis Loiselle, June-Chiew Han, Kenneth Tran, Tony Hickey
- Goo, S., Pham, T., Han, J.-C., Nielsen, P., Taberner, A., Hickey, A., & Loiselle, D. (2013). Multiscale measurement of cardiac energetics. Clinical and experimental pharmacology & physiology, 40 (9), 671-681. 10.1111/1440-1681.12139
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Denis Loiselle, Poul Nielsen, June-Chiew Han, Andrew Taberner, Tony Hickey