Mr Timothy Daniel Christopher
Master of Science - University of Auckland 2017, Postgraduate Diploma in Science - University of Auckland 2016, Bachelor of Science - University of Auckland 2015
I am a Ph.D. student under the supervision of A/P Tilo Söhnel in the Inorganic Materials Research Group and a part time Graduate Teaching Assistant for stage 1 and 3 Chemistry courses.
My work focuses on using X-ray and neutron source diffraction techniques which are available at the University of Auckland and the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, (ANSTO).
Research | Current
Lithium Garnet Oxides
In this project, the synthesis and characterisation of new lithium garnet oxides have been explored with standard sintering techniques and various diffraction techniques. Involvement in this project has including working on my own project and assisting collaborators.
Teaching | Current
I am current a Graduate Teaching Assistant within the School of Chemical Sciences. My teaching roles include:
- CHEM 150 - Semester 1 '20 - Lab Demonstrator /Tutor /Online Teaching Aid
- CHEM 310 - Semester 2 '19 - Lab Demonstrator/ Undergraduate Project Supervisor
- CHEM 150 - Semester 1 '19 - Lab Demonstrator - Tutor
- CHEM 380 - Semester 2 '18 - Lab Demonstrator
- CHEM 110 - Semester 1 '18 - Lab Demonstrator
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Zhang, T., Christopher, T. D., Huang, S., Liu, Y., Gao, W., Sohnel, T., & Cao, P. (2019). Pressureless sintering of Al-free Ta-doped lithium garnets Li7-xLa3Zr2-xTaxO12 and the degradation mechanism in humid air. CERAMICS INTERNATIONAL, 45 (16), 20954-20960. 10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.07.085
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Peng Cao, Saifang Huang, Wei Gao, Tilo Söhnel
- Christopher, T. D. (2017). Synthesis and Structural Analysis of Lithium Containing Garnet Oxide Systems The University of Auckland. ResearchSpace@Auckland.